& White Photographs
State Hospital in West Virginia, formerly known as the
Trans-Allegheny Asylum for the Insane, was established
in 1858. The hospital grounds covered 666 acres and
contained 3 separate cemeteries. Upon completion of
the nearby William R. Sharpe, Jr. Hospital in 1994,
Weston State Hospital was closed to public use.
Weston State Hospital was
recently sold and is undergoing restoration.
Please visit the new
site at : http://trans-alleghenylunaticasylum.com
Architect: R. Snowden